Animals despawning

Discussion in 'Other Reports' started by Greit, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Greit

Greit New Member

Hello,
    I've been playing mostly on blue - but now also on green and red. When I returned from red server my sheep, pigs and horses has despawned. (They cannot be killed due to protection)
    My cows, chicken and fish were all still there. Is there any way to get some animals back from the moderators?

2. Spoooeeee

Spoooeeee Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Helper

Hello Greit

If your animals are disappearing but the area is protected, it is most likely they are despawning due to an entity limit we have within a certain radius to reduce lag. To avoid your animals from disappearing I recommend that you have a pen for different animals spread out. I'd say about 2 chunks between pens. Moderators from my knowledge cannot get you your animals back, only the admin can and that's if it's due to grief, in which this case it is not. If you don't know how to see chunks you can press F3 + G to see the borders. I would also advise to build a roof over your pens too, because lightning storms can turn your Pigs into Pigmen and your chickens into KFC.

If you would like help moving your animals and you're on our discord, you can direct message me and depending on our time zone differences I'd be more than happy to help you. If I am offline however it might be our time zones are a bit too far apart. So instead you could ask another Helper.

I hope this resolves your issue, best of luck and have fun!