Helper Application Format

Discussion in 'Helper Applications' started by Tomitytom, Sep 23, 2018.

1. YoungZakary

YoungZakary New Member

USER INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: YoungZakary
    Discord Username: zxk#2691
    Timezone: BST

GENERAL INFORMATION

Average Hours Played Per Day: 6+
    Current In-Game Ranks: Legend
    Year you joined MistyLands: 2019
    Month You Joined MistyLands: June
    Have You Donated Before: Yes

QUESTIONS

Question One
    What is your current goal on the server?
    Answer: Currently I aim just to have fun, I have a few builds going at the moment but I usually find myself exploring with other players.

Question Two
    Would you say you are well known and respected in the community?
    Answer: I would like to think so, I am frequently on the discord speaking to other members and try to get along with people as much as possible, treating everyone the same regardless of how long I've known them

Question Three
    Have you ever been punished on MistyLands before? If you have, please mention what it was and why you think you should still become a Helper.
    Answer: No

Question Four
    Do you have any experience being a staff member on any other server? If so, tell us about your experience and which servers you were staff on.
    Answer: Yes from a few years ago on a server named CarloCraft. I was Mod on that server, it had a similar community size to mistylands however it shut down a while back.

Question Five
    Do you actively participate and verbally communicate in voice calls with other users in the MistyLands Discord?
    Answer: Yes, if I am online there is a good chance that I am on the discord speaking to other members.

Question Six
    What do you think sets you apart from the dozens of other applications we get - why should we pick you over all those other applicants?
    Answer: Firstly, I have experience in customer service which I feel will be good in dealing with players on the server as they should be treated with respect and treated fairly and I should aim to be as helpful as possible so that the player has the best experience they can. I am able to be fair to players and keep calm under stressful situations but I can also do my job whether it be warning players or taking action with mutes/timeouts if necessary however this should never be first option. I also feel that i am a good fit as I am very friendly which is beneficial as a player is more likely to listen if you are being friendly. This also helps with being approachable and being the person that players can go to for help.

I have become very fond of the server and have a high amount of playtime considering how long ago I joined and I feel like MistyLands is going to be a permanent place for me.

Question Seven
    Who would you say are your friends on the server - are you part of any group?
    Answer: I would say I am friends with a lot of players on the server including some staff. I would consider Fish, Spoe, Phinns, ttokii, TH3GHOSTWAFFL3, NipsOfLife, Overkillz Kungz and many more players that I might not interract with everyday however I am friendly and get along with them whenever we do speak.

Question Eight
    What notable things have you done so far during your time on MistyLands?
    Answer: As I haven't been a part of the community for too long there isnt many notable things I have been a part of however I recently took part in alongside other members of the community in excavating a giant area for Crafty Mormon's build as it was huge task and anything I can do to help, I will. I often find myself focused on chat and answering as many questions as possible especially if the server is busy to give the helpers a help in hand.

Final Question
    Is there anything else you would like to add or let us know?
    Answer: Thanks for taking the time to read my application <3 Look forward to hearing back.

[/SPOILER]

2. TH3GHOSTWAFFL3

TH3GHOSTWAFFL3 New Member

Minecraft Username: TH3GHOSTWAFFL3
    Discord Username: TH3GHOSTWAFFL3#1729
    Timezone: GMT +0, or GMT +1/BST

GENERAL INFORMATION

Average Hours Played Per Day: Around 4 hours, but possibly more, and always in the evening on weekdays and perhaps in the afternoon also on weekends.
    Current In-Game Ranks: Chief
    Year you joined MistyLands: 2018
    Month You Joined MistyLands: November
    Have You Donated Before: No, but I'm seriously considering it.

QUESTIONS

Question One
    What is your current goal on the server?
    Answer:
    My goals will always be building related. I get a lot of inspiration from history and real-life architecture, so I've already built a few Carthaginian warships, a Jewish / Persian inspired temple and a Roman temple which are part of my larger, main project to build a Classical, Persian-y city with other influences melted in.
    I'm also starting to build a real base for myself, as currently I have two wildly different places where I store stuff and do smelting.

Question Two
    Would you say you are well known and respected in the community?
    Answer:
    I think so? I try to get along with everybody and always try my best to help others if they need items, need help working out how to vote or navigate the ranking system, request building feedback and advice, or just anything really, so hopefully I am respected. I'm also very active on the server, on the discord via voice chat and to a smaller extent on the text channels, so I suppose I must be reasonably well-known.

Question Three
    Have you ever been punished on MistyLands before? If you have, please mention what it was and why you think you should still become a Helper.
    Answer:
    No, I've never been punished.

Question Four
    Do you have any experience being a staff member on any other server? If so, tell us about your experience and which servers you were staff on.
    Answer:
    I haven't got any experience as staff. That said, my only other server that I've been active on as much as Misty was not really a normal Minecraft server . It was essentially a pre-built canvas for roleplaying.

Question Five
    Do you actively participate and verbally communicate in voice calls with other users in the MistyLands Discord?
    Answer:
    Yes, I enjoy talking with others and always hop onto the discord servers if there is someone else on.

Question Six
    What do you think sets you apart from the dozens of other applications we get - why should we pick you over all those other applicants?
    Answer:
    I'm very empathetic, which I think is due to my habit of over-analysing everything to a degree. So, I can always understand why someone is feeling or thinking a certain way or what might have caused how they're feeling or thinking, which I think is a vital part of being a helper. Being able to relate to people and recreate their thought process is key to understanding them and helping them out, especially if they're confused or if they aren't adept at typing or communicating through text. I'm friendly and I enjoy helping others, meaning I don't really see it as a chore to offer guidance, information or help, but honestly, when someone is asking a common question like 'Why can't I /tpa?' it's mostly my empathy / sympathy that drives me to respond. I also have a passionate sense of justice, which is a main reason why I would like to be involved a little in ensuring the server runs smoothly.

Question Seven
    Who would you say are your friends on the server - are you part of any group?
    Answer:
    I'm not really part of any group. I'm friendly with everybody but I mostly talk and interact with Jam, Spoo, YoungZakary, Phinns, ttokii, and NipsOfLife. I think that's everybody I talk to on an essentially bi-daily basis, sorry if I forgot anybody!

Question Eight
    What notable things have you done so far during your time on MistyLands?
    Answer:
    I'm not sure I've done anything particularly notable server-wide yet. Although, I did dig out a chunk and collect mined items during Crafty's great volcano dig. I also contributed to Westbourne's town a long time ago when it was reasonably active. I wouldn't really say it's notable, but many people have admired my builds throughout my time on the server.

Final Question
    Is there anything else you would like to add or let us know?
    Answer:
    I don't believe so apart from the classic - perhaps even trite - response for this section, which is to thank you for taking the time to read this!