Voting Issue

Discussion in 'Other Reports' started by Bromley_Raven, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Bromley_Raven

Bromley_Raven New Member

Hey there.

first up, must say I am really enjoying the server, full of respectful people and a good community spirit. So thank you to all and all the hard work from Tom and the Mods. (sound like an Indie rock band)

Anyway the issue we have is since my eldest daughter joined (HorseGirl16Kat) when one of us votes the other person cant as a "You have allready voted" message comes up. I thought it might be the IP address but seems the same on any device. Only way round it is to use another wifi. Any other ideas how to get round this Mistylanders?

Cheers :)

2. Spoooeeee

Spoooeeee Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Helper

Hi Bromley_Raven

I can confirm the voting is IP based. So if one of your family votes no one else can. However you can get around this by using your mobile data (not connected via wifi) to vote.

3. Bromley_Raven

Bromley_Raven New Member

Ok no worries, thought as much. my daughter can use her schools wifi then ha ha :)

4. Bromley_Raven

Bromley_Raven New Member

Ok no worries, thought as much. my daughter can use her schools wifi then ha ha :)

5. Bromley_Raven

Bromley_Raven New Member

6. Bromley_Raven

Bromley_Raven New Member

Sorry for the tripple posting, took 3 times to go through then posted all of them.